Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Stash
















I just realized that I have a lot of fabric.
Everywhere, in fact. Organized. But everywhere.

In every nook and cranny, shelf, box, chair, that can be had. A lot of trims, gold, pearls, sequins, laces, fat trims, skinny trims, buttons and beads. Fabric is cathartic. It's the gingerale in the pineapple juice of life.

SO many fabrics: velvets, brocades, sequins, crunchy cottons, prim polyesters ( though not great to quilt with, they have their place). Fabrics with sheen, with texture, embroideries that dare to be cut with a pair of sharp scisssors. There is nothing quite like dipping your hand into a box of beads, and sequins, or buttons, and go rummaging for buried treasure.

Sooooo many possibilities.....Hmmm....but there's a lot of it, staring out at me. I've thought of a way to start using some of it up......I think I will start making all sorts of quilt tops, not the actual quilts, just the tops, and see how far all of this stuff can go, and post the panels as I go along. Make it into a game show of sorts.......besides......It's time .......I don't want to end up on one of those reality t.v. shows, buried alive in buttons........

No comments:

Post a Comment