Friday, April 9, 2010

Irish Chain 2002






I love this Irish Chain two tone! I remember trying to find a nice light colour fabric to go with the red, and could only find this pale, butter yellow, which turned out to be just right. Irish Chain just works so well with a simple colour palette , because of its geometric shape. So effective. The back is pieced into Amish design strips , so this becomes reversible. Two quilts in one.
I made it for my oldest when she was 12, but I think the experience was lost on her, though, as she was more interested in the ice cream cake, then this quilt. Even to this day,I hang it on the wall, because the pattern is so visually striking.


"Teach this child to follow in your footsteps,
And to live life in the ways of
Love, faith, hope and charity." (Gaelic Blessing)

No comments:

Post a Comment