Friday, April 30, 2010

Conversing Squares


"I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses..." ( unknown)
I am so sick of sewing squares.....hundreds and gazillions of squares! Every colour, every pattern, every kind of fabric under the sun. But these squares are special. They are from fabric used to make dresses for the girls, when they were quite little . They are from fabric used to make quilts for weddings, birthdays, Christmas, for friends, all across the country, some across the sea.
When I look at all these squares I remember those friends.
Just for fun, I sewed squares in long strips ( took me two weeks ....arrgggh). Then, because I was tired of squares, I got the bright idea to sew them together in a haphazard way, and give the appearance of being woven like lattice. Kind of like they are conversing with each other.......one endless long distance call!

No comments:

Post a Comment