Saturday, April 24, 2010

Green Fiend




This is one of my favourite uses of silk cushion covers for a messenger bag. I went to a local craft fair and picked up a couple of ornate cushion slipovers. Wasn't sure what to do with them, until I was messing around with this messenger bag pattern. I used the slipcover to make the over-flap . Then pieced together other fabrics to make the main body. I just love it. Added beading and there it is. Best thing about the bag , is that you are hands free, if you sling it across opposite shoulders.

My green fiend, I call it....and the whole world is going green, so I'm right in sync.
Total length of messenger bag, with front flap up, measures about 24 inches.
Bag itself is about 16 inches across with 11 inches depth.
Strap is 44 inches long , 2 inches wide.
Inside has various pockets.
Bag is lined, with inside filler for stability on bottom piece and all side/ flap pieces.
Bag can be made in different colour variations/specification, and beading.
Cost is about $90 ( give or take, depending on the detail work)
Postage is extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment