Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Susan's "Just Because" Quilt

 Even Bo is in on the action.....just finished sending Susan's "Just Because" quilt. I love  the whole conceptof "just because". Doing something for someone, just because. Giving someone a surprise, not because you have to, but because you want to. It's so much fun. You will do it again, and again.....
 Loved this pattern for Susan. It's like summer come alive....
Did the backing a little differently. Have a huge stash of squares. So just sewed them up willy-nilly till there was enough to make a backing.  I like the randomness of it. Kind of like "just because".

 Floor view. I did it all with hand quilting....well, just until the final half of the border/edge. My hand just kind of gave out, finally, after all the stitching, so had to finish it off with a feather stitch on my machine.
To my friend, Susan, in White Rock. I admire you. You are one of the strongest people I know, and such an advocate. So thankful to have you as my friend. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment