Monday, April 4, 2011

New Quilt

I have a stash of squares...all sorts of squares...some dark, some light, some really ugly. Amongst them I  have rather lovely fabric squares that have a Victorian theme smattered over their visages.
     I've decided at last what to do. Has taken me long enough. Going to make a Victorian square qult, tea dye the panel to make it seem antique, complete with a border or two. It's been in the back of my brain, for some time, niggling away. And the most important decision....for whom shall it go. All quilts need a home. You see, the way I figure it, I have a ton of quilts already. Big ones, small ones, bags, runners, etc. Sometimes they live in closets, other times  let out for air and splattered all over the walls. My house is already bursting at the seams.
      You know how  it is....see fabric, must run for scissors, snip, snip, snip...(terrible fixation, but there it is). I have this need to play with fabric, I admit it . Oh, and this quilt....well, I decided on its new home..... somewhere windy (that's the only clue you're getting).
     Or is it the other way around? Could be. Maybe it is the fabric that really chooses it's new owner.....kind of like a pet.....what a novel concept.
So, now I have a lot of fabric to sort out....can you hear the whrr of the sewing machine, and the snip snip of the scissors?

No comments:

Post a Comment