Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easy Quilt ( Part 8) The Binding

                                    Lastly, The binding has to be attached all along the edge.
 Some quilters cut the fabric on a bias, but remember, I am lazy, so I just cut it out straight, sew all the pieves together, enough to reach all the way around. You can either measure the edges of your quilt to get the exact length, or do what I do, and just lay the binding pieces, sewn all in one, along the edge and see  how much I have.
 Right sides together, sew the binding to the thicknesses of yor quilt, turning at the corners, keeping it even. Continue all the way around.
 Get the cat to help. Here, Bo is holding down the fabric shile I attemt to urn the edges under while sewing a decorative stitch, on the final pass. She is really not much help, but likes the machine noises.
This is the final turn of the binding, tucking under the raw edges and making the binding even and flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment