Monday, January 3, 2011

Civil War Stars

Okay, this was fun.....made a big bath of tea in my kitchen sing ( used about 15 tea bags, some boiling water, and a pair of dish glovves). Then I plunked in my first civil war reproduction quilt top. At least, that's what the pattern called it. It's probably not exactly like the original, but close enough. I let the quilt top sit in the hot bath about an hour. Everything was bathed in a tea-glow......I like how the stars look. Was more difficult to put together than I thought it would be...was sectioned in pieces and the stars randomly sewed to straight sections. Then had to piece the flying geese sections separately and slide them in between the big squares. I hope the other reproduction quilts are a little less complicated ( no such luck, I bet).
Had leftover tea to dye a couple of other quilts. Will post those in good time. Am working on my next one which is all teal and greens. Won't dye that one, I don't think. Just liked the colour combination.
So nice to be able to play with fabric, and put together quilt tops, without being stressed about getting it done for someone else. Don't get me wrong, I love making things for everyone, but there comes a time when it's just amazing to be "One" with the fabric, a pair of scissors and some thread. No time limits.....what an amazing concept. I'll have to explore that one further.....

No comments:

Post a Comment