Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Messenger Bag

Decided to remake the Messenger bag pattern. Downsized it to a more manageable existence. It is now 13 x 11 inches....give or take. Still has the flap, but not such a large interior. I think they will be more marketable this way .....especially for the Christmas fair.And a little less expensive to decorate, and less time consuming. Still takes about 3 hours to make just one.
Detail from the flap. I've twisted fabric, fibres, wool, netting, trims, all the rough edge to make the overlaps unnoticeable. So fun to make. My favourite of all. Added just a few beads, and that is a good thing. Going to try out this one tomorrow, and see how it works. The strap is about 50 inches long, and can be slung over opposite shoulder....much more comfortable. I think I'll sell these for about $45 at the fair. Still labour intensive, but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment